Sorry, this event passed.
2011 Pinot Noir Release & Harley Farms Cheese tasting
Time: 12:00 pm - 4:00pm
Date: August 17, 2013
Star of the show will be the release of the 2011 Pinot Noir, a gold medal winner every single year.
We’ve been finishing bottles of this so quickly in the name of ‘research’ that we need to share it before we’re ruined…
We’re very lucky to have near-perfect Pinot vineyards up in La Honda and Portola Valley
that deliver the cooler temperatures required for enough ‘hangtime’ to deliver the deliciously complex flavors that excellent Pinots share.
We’ll also have local goat cheese for you from Harley Farms in Pescadero where 200 alpine goats live on a 103-year old dairy farm.
They’ve won thirty national ribbons and two world medals so come by to taste why:
• Chèvre with sweetened cranberries and chopped walnuts, for those who love salty and sweet.
• Chèvre with luscious dried apricots and chopped pistachios, a sunny-tasting snack.
• Monet Chèvre with edible flowers and herbes de Provence, light and delicately savory.
We’ll also be serving:
• 2011 Sauvignon Blanc (Atherton)
• 2010 Chardonnay (Woodside, Los Altos)
• 2010 Exponent (red blend of local Cab, Syrah, Merlot, Sangio)
• 2009 Bates Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
Event Website: http://lahondawinery.com/
Event Price: Just $10 for 5 fine local wines with cheese Free for Wine Club Members
La Honda Winery
2645 Fair Oaks