Benefits of Membership
Interested in promoting your business to San Mateo County/Silicon Valley visitors and in connecting with other outstanding local businesses. Join our CVB!
- VISITORS GUIDE (85,000 published annually): You will be listed in this guide used by meeting planners, concierges, in-town travelers, people planning a trip and area residents. Visitor Guides are distributed at our California Welcome Center at Hillsdale Shopping Center, Welcome Centers throughout California, the Palo Alto Visitor Center, San Francisco International Airport, Hiller Aviation Museum, Stanford University and our Bureau office. Guides are mailed in response to all visitor inquiries, and an electronic version is published on our website, which averages 1.6 million hits annually. This QR code is also available allowing visitors to download it into their smart phones.
- MAP OF THE AREA (55,000 published annually): You will be listed in this full color map featuring the Peninsula. Members may advertise in the map.
- SOCIAL MEDIA EXPOSURE: Your submitted events/activities may be promoted through our social media networks. Member-tomember promotion is also available, if you choose, through social media outlets.
- CONVENTION CALENDAR: You will receive our confidential information on future conference/convention bookings. This may include the client/planner name, address, phone, event attendance and where the events are taking place, allowing you to market your business to those planners.
- ONLINE CALENDAR: Your event listings will be available 24/7 on our website calendar.
- MEMBERSHIP EVENTS: Bureau partnership/membership offers you a variety of services and activities. Hosted member receptions (mixers) provide the opportunity to develop valuable business contacts.
INTERNET/WEBSITE: All members of the Bureau are listed on our website and have log-in access to member-only services,
including member-to-member discounts. In addition, you may add your logo and photos of your choosing to your listing. Restaurants that submit menus will have their menus posted in their listings. Visit us at www.visitsanmateocounty.com.
- MEMBER BROCHURE PROGRAM: Member information/brochures may be displayed at the San Mateo County/Silicon Valley CVB office and Palo Alto Visitor Center. Additional optional display and promotional opportunities available.
- REGULAR UPDATES: Member e-bulletins include information on upcoming special events and activities, as well as general industry news. Visitor e-newsletters showcase hot rates or special offers to visitors.
MAILING LABELS/MEMBER ROSTER: Send your message to fellow Bureau members and local media. These names and
addresses are available electronically to members upon request, and labels may be obtained for a nominal fee.
- MEMBER IDENTIFICATION: Welcome your customers with a San Mateo County/Silicon Valley CVB plaque and window decal. Visitors will know you value their business..
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: Tourism plays an enormous role in the area’s economy. You help to ensure economic vitality by being a member.
- MARKETING EXPERIENCE: Invest in a proven winner. The Bureau has over 40 years experience in promoting the area as a destination for visitors and conventions.