There are plenty of ways to show you care about someone, none of which tops spending time together. Planning an occasional day date or date night with your significant other? Let us offer some suggestions...
- Stroll around Filoli’s 16–acre formal Garden, explore the historic House, take a nature hike, view an art exhibit, or pursue its educational opportunities. Then drive down the street and picnic at Pulgas Water Temple and enjoy the sounds of the water.
- Still in the mood to do some strolling? Crystal Springs Regional Trail is the perfect day date for a leisurely walk or rigorous run. It extends from San Bruno to Woodside, with nature and water views all along the trail.
- Enjoy wine? Thomas Fogarty Winery’s tasting room offers 180-degree views of Silicon Valley. The winery is borne of the confluence of innovation, opportunity and experience. Founders collaborated to create what was to become one of the most notable and celebrated Estate Wine Producers in California.
- Can’t get enough ocean views? Drive down Highway 1 and visit Pigeon Point Lighthouse in Pescadero. A popular spot for watching whales, elephant seals and birds and close to ancient redwoods. What’s more romantic than feeling an ocean breeze together?
- Take in some culture and get artsy together. Visit Cantor Arts Center, which hosts the second largest Rodin collection outside of Paris. Right next door is The Anderson Collection, a modern art museum and home to artwork from prolific artists such as Jackson Pollock. Both museums are located on Stanford University’s campus. The best part is both museums are admission-free!
- An evening out on the town is always a good idea. Sunset views, fresh ceviche and a delicious pisco sour at Puerto 27 in Pacifica makes for a perfect date night.
- Want to spice up date night? In the mood to dance? Visit Vinyl Room in downtown Burlingame for Salsa Thursdays, where you may take a free salsa lesson from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Have a drink, then twirl and dip together.
- Interested in drinks, dinner and a DJ? Visit Straits, also located in downtown Burlingame, on Friday nights. Enjoy an all-in-one date without bouncing from place to place.
- Explore downtown Palo Alto at night. University Avenue is lined with trees lit year round. A romantic stroll and dinner at MacArthur Park would make any couple swoon.
- Looking to take in a show? Fox Theatre offers live shows year round and is also home to Broadway By the Bay. Take a walk through the shops, restaurants and street artwork in downtown Redwood City before the show.