Japanese American Internment at Tanforan: Photographs by Dorothea Lange
- Presented By: San Mateo County History Museum
- Dates: February 1, 2022 - April 10, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: San Mateo County History Museum
Redwood City, CA 94063
- Phone: (650) 299-0104
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: $6 adults, $4 students/seniors, Ages 5 and under FREE
The San Mateo County History Museum will open a new exhibit entitled Japanese American Internment at Tanforan: Photographs by Dorothea Lange on February 1, 2022. During World War II, Japanese Americans were sent to the Tanforan Racetrack in San Bruno where they spent some months until permanent internment camps were built in remote locations further inland.
Dorothea Lange was hired by the federal War Relocation Authority to document this forced evacuation. The San Mateo County History Museum is located at 2200 Broadway in Redwood City. The exhibit closes on April 10, 2022. Admission to the Museum is $6 for adults, $4 for students and seniors, and kids five and under are admitted free.
For information go to www.historysmc.org/exhibits or call 650 299-0104.