Jordan Casteel: Returning the Gaze
- Presented By: Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Dates: October 7, 2019 - February 2, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
Address:328 Lomita Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
- Time: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Free
Jordan Casteel: Returning the Gaze is the first solo museum show for Harlem-based artist Jordan Casteel. Featuring paintings made in the last five years, Casteel’s large-scale portraits of Harlem community members are intimate portrayals of often overlooked members of society. In her own words, “I’ve always had an inclination toward seeing people who might be easily unseen.” Casteel’s deeply empathetic approach to portraiture makes her one of the most important emerging artists working today.
Jordan Casteel: Returning the Gaze is organized by the Denver Art Museum. Read more about Casteel at the Cantor in our press release.
Read KQED's Fall Arts Preview about the exhibition.