Amici's East Coast Pizzeria - Redwood Shores
- Cost: $$
- Large Group: 25 to 50 people
- Happy Hour:
- Parking lot
- Accept Credit Cards:
- No Contact Services:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- File Upload - Health & Safety Policy: https://SanMateoCA.simpleviewcrm.com/docs/amenities/amici's item of the month - July 2020.pdf
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Open For Business:
- Takeout Available:
- Delivery Available:
- Curbside Pick Up Available:
- Online Orders Available:
- Single Use Menus:
- Outdoor Dining:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Health Screening Required-Staff:
- Health Related Staff Training:
Amici's East Coast Pizzeria is about quality, convenience, and enjoying the Northeast's distinctive Italian fare. In the mid-1980's two East Coast transplants, Peter Cooperstein from Boston, and Mike Forter from New York decided to do something about their mutual longing for the style of pizza they'd grown up with, and set out on a quest to learn the secrets that made pies from the famous pizzerias of New York, Boston, and Connecticut so distinctively delicious.
The friends discovered that their favorite pizzerias had something in common: a traditional, Italian brick oven. The 700 degree temperatures of the stone hearths produced thin crusts that were crisp, airy, and slightly chewy. When the pies ingredients were of the highest quality and freshness, those hot bricks melded together the flavors just right, for a taste that was nothing short of perfection.
Peter and Mike returned inspired, and were excited to share what they had learned with fellow East Coast transplants. In 1987 they opened the first Amici's East Coast Pizzeria in downtown San Mateo and to their delight it became a success - not only with transplants, but with EVERYONE.
With a focus on authenticity, friendly service, customer satisfaction, and with carefully measured growth, Amici's has become the Bay Area's standard for high-quality, freshly made pizzas, pastas, and salads enjoyed by thousands in their homes, businesses, and in Amici's stylish restaurants.