Aquarium of the Bay
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Virtual Events:
- Open For Business:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Health Screening Required-Staff:
- Health Related Staff Training:
- Description We love creating personalized events and memorable experiences for all types of companies, corporate retreats, workshops, and community gatherings. Each of our events is intentionally curated and designed to support an array of needs.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Total Sq. Ft. 50,000
- Reception Capacity 600
- Space Notes The Farallon Room may be rented as a separate venue for meetings, elegant cocktail receptions or dinner parties. With access to the East Deck, the Farallon Room offers panoramic views of San Francisco Bay and the city skyline- a view that is sure to enchant your guests. The entire Aquarium can accommodate up to 600 people for cocktails, or 120 for a sit down dinner. The Bay Model Visitor Center, across the Bay in Sausalito, is a unique education center housing a working hydraulic model of San Francisco Bay and the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta System. The Model provides scientists, educators and citizens interested in San Francisco Bay an extraordinary opportunity to view the complete Bay-Delta system at a glance. The Center can accommodate up to 800.
- A/V (In-house) true
- Outdoor Capacity 0
- Number of Rooms 3
- Large floor Plan PDF Large floor Plan PDF
- Reception Capacity: 100
- Reception Capacity: 600
- Reception Capacity: 800
The Aquarium of the Bay is open!
We are delighted to announce that we have reopened the Aquarium! Come visit over 180 unique local species and learn about what makes the San Francisco Bay a welcoming home for wild marine life! We have added vital COVID protocols to keep guests safe, including reduced capacity limits (to keep things less crowded), increased air ventilation, social distancing reminders, and a mask requirement. While you're here, stop for lunch at a safe outdoor dining option on Pier 39!
To learn more about our added COVID protocols, you can watch this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZiueRLMLE&ab_channel=AquariumoftheBay
ABC 7 News announcing the reopening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q
VIRTUAL TOURS: We are also doing several LIVE, interactive Virtual Tours that families can do together from the comfort of their own couch! We have gotten a lot of families using our virtual tours as a way to connect with relatives across the world as well, by all tuning in at the same time! You can find out more about our virtual tours on our website.
BAYECOTERIUM ED-VENTURES: This is a Live Interactive Exploration Experience in the natural environment for a global audience. Participants will explore a habitat with a Wildlife Expert and content will be configured based on the audience by our Education Specialists. There will be different environments: underwater, wetlands and forests, and each adventure will immerse the audience into that environment. Guests will explore underwater peering through the lens of an Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) while it explores Aerial drones and surface cameras will be used to capture footage and broadcasting live from the field. Guests will be able to ask questions real-time and get responses as they explore. The unpredictable features of the wild will give the audience a unique experience.
SCIENCE WORKSHOPS: Calling all kids! Join us for outdoor hands-on science workshops on Pier 39! Come collect Plankton Samples from the Bay, observe wild Sea Lions, meet one of our animal ambassadors up close, and learn about the San Francisco Bay. This workshop will be led by our experienced science educators and include a small, safe, socially distanced group of other kids. Get your mask on and your science on!
LIVESTREAMS: We are also LIVE on Facebook and Twitter every Friday around 10:30am PDT with different exhibits/topics that guests can ask questions during in real time! Follow us @aquariumofthebay on FB or @aquariumothebay on twitter to find more info about these!
SEA LIONS IN SF: Currently we are offering a FREE sea lion water bottle and a discount on admission for individuals that post selfies with at least 10 different sea lion statues along the embarcadero.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We have reopened our volunteer program-positions are available from divers to educational docents
FACE MASKS: Our Aquarium of the Bay creative face masks are still for sale! Every purchase from our ecostore supports the 24,000+ marine and terrestrial animals in our care!