As the San Francisco Bay Area continues to move forward in the reopening process, the safety and security of our residents and visitors remain our top priority. As a destination, we understand the importance of following sanitation and safety protocols, and we all have been working extremely hard in order to reach these goals. Learn more about the latest reopening updates in San Mateo County and Palo Alto.

Read More
Back

Lathrop House

  • Address:
    627 Hamilton St.
    Redwood City, CA 94063
About

Lathrop House is located in the center of Redwood City’s downtown area at 627 Hamilton Avenue, behind the old Domed Courthouse and opposite the Hall of Justice which is built on the site of “California Square” – a Spanish plaza style park – deeded to the citizens of Redwood City in perpetuity by the original landholders; the Arguello family and Mezes family.

One of the Peninsula’s oldest mansions, Lathrop House is an architectural treasure built in 1863 by San Mateo County’s first assessor-clerk-recorder and chairman of the Board of Supervisors, a man who later helped found the Southern Pacific Railroad and owner of a large tract of land in the Menlo Park area.