- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Virtual Events:
- Open For Business:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Health Screening Required-Staff:
- Health Related Staff Training:
No California coastal itinerary is complete without a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium!
Serving as a premier aquarium on the West Coast and a global leader in ocean research and conservation, this is the place that inspired the setting of Pixar’s Finding Dory and the BBC’s Big Blue Live.
The Aquarium’s 322,000 square feet showcase Pacific Ocean habitats with acclaimed marine exhibits such as the three-story Kelp Forest, one-million-gallon Open Sea exhibit, and the two-story home to charismatic Sea Otters. Expansive ocean-front decks overlook the sea and behind-the-scenes tours show how the Aquarium cares for thousands of live animals and their habitats.
The Aquarium also offers onsite, ocean-view dining at The Monterey Bay Aquarium Restaurant and Cafe, putting their Seafood Watch program and sustainable culinary trends into action. Discover the wonders of the Monterey Bay and how protecting our oceans benefits the world.