Osteria at Domenico Winery
- Cost: $$
- Large Group: 100+ people
- Parking lot
- Accept Credit Cards:
- Private Dining and Banquet Rooms:
- Number of Private Rooms: 3
- Semi-Private Dining and Banquet Rooms:
- Number of Semi-Private Rooms: 1
- No Contact Services:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Open For Business:
- Takeout Available:
- Delivery Available:
- Curbside Pick Up Available:
- Online Orders Available:
- Single Use Menus:
- Outdoor Dining:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Masks Provided:
- Health Screening Required-Staff:
- Health Related Staff Training:
- Description View our Event Rooms page to find out all about our four rental rooms. Between our in-house linen selection and our preferred rental vendor, we'll find your dream table set-up and make sure your guests are comfortably settled in their seats. Our catering program offers seasonal menus that can be served to your guests as a plated dinner, family-style, buffet, or at stations set up around the room. We have bar packages that offer something for everyone. The in-house A/V technician will work with you to make sure all stage, sound, A/V rentals, projection, and lighting is covered. To ensure your event runs smoothly, our venue hosts are available from open to close to assist you with any questions or concerns.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 6,200
- Reception Capacity 700
- Space Notes The 6,200 sq. ft. Cask Room holds 700 standing, 350 seated. The Osteria's 770 sq. ft. interior holds 40 standing, 60 seated. The 1,000 sq. ft. Patio holds 52 seated. The 765 sq. ft. Syrah Suite holds 50 standing or sitting. The 250 sq. ft. Boardroom seats 12 at a Conference Table.
- A/V (In-house) true
- Outdoor Capacity 52
- WiFi true
- Banquet Capacity 350
- Number of Rooms 4
- Suites 1
- Total Sq. Ft.: 6200
- Theater Capacity: 200
- Classroom Capacity: 150
- Banquet Capacity: 350
- Reception Capacity: 700
- Total Sq. Ft.: 250
- Classroom Capacity: 12
- Total Sq. Ft.: 765
- Banquet Capacity: 50
- Reception Capacity: 50
- Total Sq. Ft.: 770
- Banquet Capacity: 60
- Reception Capacity: 40
- Total Sq. Ft.: 1000
- Banquet Capacity: 52
Inspired by the tradition of Italian Osteria!
The Osteria at Domenico Winery is a playful eatery and bar, drawing inspiration from an aspiring post-war Italy, where street cafes were brimming with life and passion.
Keeping up with the tradition of Italian Osterie, we offer timeless fare like cicchetti (small plates), pizza, casual bites, wine, and espresso. We also have to-go bites like sandwiches and panini for those on their lunch break. Join us for a wine tasting, small bites, lunch, or dinner five days a week.
Monday - Tuesday | Closed
Wednesday | 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM - Pickup & Delivery only
Thursday - Friday | 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday | 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sunday | 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM - Brunch until 2:30 PM
The inspiration for our restaurant comes from the owners’ (Dominick and Gloria Chirichillo) Italian heritage and an upbringing centered around family, food, and wine. After 15+ years of making wine at their San Carlos winery, the Chirichillos passion for food was reignited while touring the Italian countryside, spending afternoons sipping and dining in picturesque Osterie.
By using these memories as a guide, Chef de Cuisine, Mark Laverty, has developed a menu based on what Osterie traditionally offered: clean, simple cuisine that utilizes local ingredients and showcases regional specialties as often as possible (all while complimenting the wine, of course). To do this, we have built relationships with some of the best farmers and purveyors in the Bay Area. We’re blessed to be able to access some of the best ingredients in the nation with ease, and do not intend to take that for granted.
In addition to our larger plates, we are proud to offer an array of Cicchetti (also sometimes spelled “cichetti” or called “cicheti”), which are small snacks or side dishes, typically served in traditional osterie. Similar to Spanish tapas, you can enjoy a light meal of cichetti with a glass of wine, or choose to make a meal out of multiple plates. Cicchetti are generally enjoyed in social settings, with fingers or toothpicks, and can be eaten all day long. These small plates are usually accompanied by a small glass of local white wine, referred to as an “ombra” (shadow in Italian).
Set against a black and white interior that evokes the spirit of 1950’s Italy, the Osteria features an open view kitchen, burnished concrete walls, and Calacatta marble wine bar, conjuring feelings of nostalgia lifted from an Italian postcard. This bright eatery, where vintage style meets contemporary spirit, sits apart from the rest with its simple sophistication and old fashioned character. We are a counter-service restaurant, so please stop by the cashier to order your food before taking a seat.