Pulgas Water Temple
Address:56 Cañada Road
Redwood City, CA 94062
Built in 1938, the temple commemorates the completion of the Hetch Hetchy Aqueduct which brings water to Crystal Springs Reservoir from the Sierras 150 miles away.This is one of only three such temples in the U.S., modeled after those erected near canals and waterways by the ancient Greeks.
Pulgas Water Temple is located about one-half mile south of the Cañada Road trailhead. To get there, take Interstate 280 to the Edgewood Road exit. Proceed west on Edgewood Road to Cañada Road, then north on Cañada Road approximately two miles to the temple.