Virtual Annual Meeting & Award Ceremony
Thank you to those who watched our 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony. We had a blast creating this production and we truly hope you enjoyed watching it and shared a few laughs with us along the way.
Please visit our YouTube channel or click below to watch a recording of the event.
Congratulations to our 2021 PROPS Award Winners
The Peninsula Recognition of Passionate Service (PROPS) Awards were designed to honor superstars in the hospitality and tourism industry for their hard work and dedication. The current COVID crisis has amplified the need for us to celebrate our region’s hospitality industry heroes. Applications are open to employees of San Mateo County/Silicon Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau partner organizations.
UNSUNG HERO SERVICE
This award is given to an individual who works directly with the general public and goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the best possible customer experience. This individual consistently demonstrates the ability to overcome overwhelming obstacles, delivering an unparalleled level of service.
Congratulations Catalina Avelar, Night Auditor at the Hotel Focus SFO.
Nominated by Eric Halliday, General Manager.
LEADERSHIP IN TIME OF CRISIS
This award is given to an individual who has made substantial, innovative contributions to his/her organization through the introduction of new ideas and methods demonstrating a profound ability to pivot during a time of crisis.
Mark Tennison, Complex Director of Sales & Marketing, at The Westin San Francisco Airport.
Nominated by Jason Wilcox, Associate Director of Sales.
BEHIND THE SCENES SERVICE
This award is given to an individual who does not work directly with the general public, but who still provides exemplary support to others within the organization.
Like the Unsung Hero, this individual overcomes tremendous obstacles to come through and deliver for their team.
Cesar Rivas, Cafeteria Attendant, at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport.
Nominated by the hotel's HR team.
On occasion, this special award is given to an amazing individual who shows spectacular leadership and courage during the most challenging of times.
This year, we could think of no better recipient than Trevor Bridge, General Manager at the Costanoa Lodge & Resort.
Trevor not only spearheaded our sanitation committee, but he also leads his team through the pandemic all while battling the fires that roared alongside his hotel property.
AND CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 2021 PROPS NOMINEES!
BEHIND THE SCENES SERVICE:
- Cam Hoa Luong, Steward, Grand Hyatt at SFO
- Michael DePietropaolo, Director of Event Services, Taste Catering & Event Planning
- Carmen Morales, Housekeeping Manager, Hotel Focus SFO
- James Lilley, Director of Chauffeur Development, Gateway Global
- Mei "Ms. Ruan" Xia, Kitchen Assistant, Moonstar Restaurant
LEADERSHIP IN TIME OF CRISIS:
- Entire South San Francisco Conference Center Staff, South San Francisco Conference Center
- George Jacob, President & CEO, Aquarium of the Bay at PIER 39
- Margaret "Mags" Teskey, President, Taste Catering & Event Planning
- Nikki Furnari, General Manager, Maverick Jack's
- Ronnie Lau, Area Director of Sales, OTO Development
- William Tong, Volume Production Chef, Moonstar Restaurant
UNSUNG HERO SERVICE:
- An Nguyen, Sales Executive, Taste Catering & Event Planning
- Anthony Dizon-Barron, Bell Person, DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco Airport
- Jason Hinkle, Director of Volunteer Services, Filoli
- Jose Barrientos, Director of Banquets, San Mateo Marriott
- Linda Lu, Market Attendant, Grand Hyatt at SFO
- Man Suen, Operations Manager, Moonstar Restaurant
- Monica Ly, Assistant Planner, City of Foster City
- Tanya Ho-Shue, Office Manager & Event Coordinator, San Francisco Wine School
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR ANNUAL MEETING & AWARD CEREMONY?
Please contact Nova Maldonado at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650.348.7600.
Check out all the fun we had in 2020!