Annual Meeting & Award Ceremony
Thank you to those who attended our January 31, 2020, Annual Meeting, where we recognized Board Members, presented our Annual Report, as well as acknowledge the 2020 PROPS award winners.
If you would like to check out our Keynote Speaker, Erin Francis-Cummings, President & CEO from Destination Analysts, “The State of Travel 2020”, please log into our Partner Portal.
About the Awards
This year, the “President’s Award” was presented to Fred Crowder, Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer of Weights & Measures for San Mateo County. Fred was honored and recognized as an outstanding community member, who has gone above and beyond for the Bureau. The “Heart of Hospitality” award was presented to Paul Maloney, Executive Chef at 37 North at DoubleTree by Hilton SFO. Paul has been considered best in class for the work he has accomplished and has perfectly embodied the essence of our “As Fresh as it Gets” Program.
The PROPS Awards were designed to honor superstars in the hospitality and tourism industry for their hard work and dedication. Nominations were open to all employees of SMC/SV CVB partner organizations. This year’s nominees and winners were as follows:
Behind the Scenes Award:
- Maira Carrera – Housekeeping Inspectress at the Best Western Plus Grosvenor Hotel (winner)
- Richard Macadaeg – Breakfast Attendant at the Residence Inn Redwood City San Carlos
- James “Jim” Oliver – Shipping and Receiving Officer at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
- Alysa Soo – Events Administrative Assistant at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
- Sam Wolf – Apprentice at Tripp Distillery
Unsung Hero Award:
- Rudy Recinos – Maintenance Manager at Hotel Focus SFO (winner)
- Drew Barwick – Server at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
- Teresa Carmona – Breakfast Attendant at the Residence Inn Redwood City San Carlos
- Rose Restauro – Events & Catering Sales Coordinator at the Best Western Plus Grosvenor Hotel
- Mirna Roque – Breakfast Attendant at the Hotel Focus SFO
Innovation in Hospitality Award:
- Kara Newport – CEO, Filoli House & Gardens (winner)
- Jim Seki – Assistant Front Office Manager at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
A special thank you to all of our partner products and services that were showcased at the event. Please show them some support!
Herbs from the centerpiece:
Honey table gift:
Half Moon Honey
Teri & Gary Butler
Grand Hyatt at SFO
Scott Buschman Photography
President’s Award Gift Certificate:
Enterprise Exotic Car Collection
Russian Ridge Winery
Flying Suitcase Wines
(650) 636 6737